Term 3 Assessment:
- Performance Task - details to be announced at the start of Term 3
- Level Test 3 - details to be announced by Term 3 Week 2
Term 4 Assessment:
- End-of-Year examination
1. June Holiday Engagement: Challenger 1 - PISA questions
- As shared in the file with you, the set of selected questions aims to challenge us beyond just applying the mathematical skills we already know. The questions require us to apply reasoning skills and articulate our train of thought clearly in the written form, which are competencies that 21st century learners need to develop.
- Softcopy of the handout is available in the GoogleSite (Mathematics) for the class
- Suggestion: Do not do all questions in a single attempt. Give your brain a break after half an hour. You may stagger the tasks over a few days. You may attempt the task in any order.
- Recommended duration: approximately 3 to 4 hours.
- Deadline: 27 June 2017 (Tuesday)
2. Geometrical Construction (partial SDL)
- The set of notes was issued on Wednesday (17 May). It is also available at the GoogleSite. Click HERE to access the handouts as well as the video clips.
- We attempted the construction of perpendicular bisector in class (last lesson of the term) and made an attempt to draw out the characteristics of the lines and the properties of the triangles obtained.
- Complete the tasks before the term starts as we will be moving into more complex constructions that build on the skills you learn from this series of self-directed activities.
- You must bring with you the construction set (ruler, set square, compass, protractor and sharp pencil) for lessons when school starts in Term 3.
- The constructions in the handouts should be completed by the end of the holidays.
- Recommended duration: approximately 3 hours.
- Deadline: before 27 June 2017 (Tuesday)
In addition, you were informed that we will be doing the following topics in Term 3
- Geometrical Construction
- Functions and Linear Graphs
Alternative Assessment (Term 1 Week 5-6)
Viva Voce (Oral Assessment)
Practice will take place in Term 1 Week 4.
More information on the alternative assessment will be given after the Practice.
Level Test 1 (Term 1 Week 9)
(extracted from GoogleSite on 20 Jan 2017)Level Test 1 information
(extracted from GoogleSite on 20 Jan 2017)
Date: 2 March 2017 (Thursday)
Click HERE to see schedule of Level Test 1 in school websiteDear students,
Please refer to the information below carefully. You may find this information on the GoogleSite.
Duration: 1 hour
Score: 40 marks
Format: Paper 1
The following topics will be examined.
- Primes, HCF & LCM
- Real Numbers
- Approximation & Estimation
Please bring the following resources on the day of examination.
- Calculator (affixed with SST sticker)
- No extra time will be given.
- Attempt all questions.
- Calculator is allowed unless specified in questions.
The above information has been emailed to all students. Refer to Mr Peh's email.